Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Top 5 Posts of 2016 for Scarlet and Dawn


I didn't write nearly as many posts I had hoped to here at Scarlet and Dawn, however, things really started popping for me my research and my search for my biological family back in the spring and it didn't slow down all year. I am hoping that 2017 will continue to see as much success as I had in 2016. 

Here are the top 5 posts from my blog for 2016!

  • Newspaper Extraction Form for Death, Burial and Obituary Notices This was my top post for 2016 and it is still getting hits! After months of clipping burial, death, funeral and obituary notices for my birth family I needed to find a way to get as much information as I could from each type of notice. I hope that eventually I can make a book for each surname using my form and a copy of the notice.
  • The Tale of My Two Mothers  This is by far my favorite post so far! It is the story of how one woman gave me life and how one woman took me into her heart and made me hers. I had originally written the post for my blog Dawning Genealogy on Mother's Day, 9 May 2015. I updated it with a few more details and posted it here for Mother's Day, 8 May 2016.
  • I Found My Birth Father's Funeral Notice! This was an amazing find for me! I was in Charleston for medical reasons but as usual wherever I go I always find time for genealogy. I still have had no luck in finding my paternal half siblings but I won't stop until I do.
  • A Little of My Story This was my first blog post of 2016. It is my story about how I came to be adopted. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment